Welcome to Miss Mouthy! This post may or may not contain affiliate links You'll just have to find out. Okay, yes, it probably does have affiliate links. You've been warned!
How does your spice area look? Mine is a mess. Hopefully, I can soon say it WAS a mess. Let’s start at the beginning…
I just started reading this book I received as a Christmas present. Yes, it was from my Amazon wishlist, no big hints about my home!!
I’m hoping to write a book review soon, but I want to wait a few weeks to see if it “takes.” Anyhow, in January we are working on the kitchen. In week 3 I am told to write down my kitchen frustrations. One of them is my spice area. Basically, if a recipe calls for something more than salt and pepper, I have to take down every spice I own. I’ve tried different spice racks and shelves, but nothing really works. As I was doing a little online research, I decided I really like the idea and look of a magnetic spice rack, but they are very expensive if you have more than, oh, 5 spices. Then I found this (cue the angelic voices…aaahhhhh):
I am so excited to order this for 5 reasons:
1) It looks great. I’m hoping to mount this to the inside of my cupboard door, but I think I’ll like it so much I may have to start leaving my doors wide open!
2) My husband is not handy, so I think even I can manage to peel off the backing and apply the magnet to the inside of my cupboard door.
3) I can tell at a glance if I’m almost out of a spice.
4) I’m hoping I can write the expiration date on the back of the canister so I know when I should throw it out. (see note below)
5) I’m really excited to try the 8 oz. Bravada tins to stack in my pantry for brown sugar, cornstarch, powdered sugar and such. My pantry will look so together! Again, I might just throw open my pantry door when company is about to arrive!
Go check out Custom Magnetic Spice Rack to see what you like!
How do you store and organize your spices? Any tips?
Return to MommyFinds
Find Your Fabulous,
Did you enjoy this blog post? Leave a comment at the bottom and click the button below to share it with others who may enjoy it, too. Sharing is caring!
PS-This post might contain affiliate links, meaning if click on one and actually buy something, I might earn 2-10% back. I am planning to buy a latte with my monthly earnings!