Welcome to Miss Mouthy! This post may or may not contain affiliate links You'll just have to find out. Okay, yes, it probably does have affiliate links. You've been warned!
Do you make New Year’s resolutions? I’ve tried lots and lots of methods, but I usually follow along with the statistics…two weeks or less! So who am I to give advice?
Let me share some of my great ideas for years past. One year, I made very concrete goals, as in, “I will eat only rice at least 3 times per week.” Nice, huh? I was 22 at the time. Another year I made several goals in each area of my life: physical (diet and exercise), parenting (smile more, scream less), marriage, housekeeping, Bible reading, etc. I think I had 20 resolutions. I believe I kept zero by the time February 1st rolled around.
This year, instead of setting up one to twenty goals for the year, I’m going to try to keep one or two resolutions for 3 months. Every quarter I’ll start a new resolution or two.
For January, I’m trying to narrow down lots of ideas. Help me choose:
1) Track our finances. We aren’t very careful about our spending/budgeting/investing. I think our first step is to see where our money goes, then determine the best way to trim our budget.
2) I need to drink more water. Plain and simple.
3) I need to eat healthier…eat more fruits and vegetables, more grains, smaller portions and fewer sweets.
4) I need to exercise.
5) I need to maintain my house at a very minimal level. Seriously.
6) I would like to blog on a more regular basis. Once or twice a week?
7) I really want to declutter our house. I want to be an organized person.
8) More family time would be great. Not more time, really, but more focused time. Instead of having my nose in my laptop, perhaps I could color with my girls.
I’m sure there are a billion more, but this should be a good start.
What are you planning to focus on in 2010? What should I focus on in 2010?
Find Your Fabulous,
Did you enjoy this blog post? Leave a comment at the bottom and click the button below to share it with others who may enjoy it, too. Sharing is caring!
PS-This post might contain affiliate links, meaning if click on one and actually buy something, I might earn 2-10% back. I am planning to buy a latte with my monthly earnings!